Covid-19 – Patient Journey
Our Practice is open and we are now booking your routine examinations.
We are following guidelines and doing everything within our power to keep you safe and well. So, we have invested in more personal protective equipment, such as head and shoe coverings, full gowns as well as our usual masks, gloves and visors.
We are encouraging our patients to only come in if they are showing no signs of Covid-19 and only if you feel comfortable to come for an appointment. We understand if you want to postpone routine appointments for now.
Please read below before you come in to your appointment with us. This will give you an idea of what your appointment will be like.
- Please use the front door to enter the practice.
- Please arrive at your specified appointment time.
- A mask must be worn when in the waiting area unless you are exempt from wearing one. If this is the case, please wear your exemption lanyard so staff and other patients’ are aware. If you do not have a mask you will be provided with one on arrival.
- There are hand sanitisers in the waiting area and hand washing facilities by reception. We recommend you wash your hands before and after your appointment with us and refrain from touching your face.
- The reception staff will fill in the forms for you, so you do not have to sign any paperwork. Please let the receptionist know if there are any changes in your personal details, medical history or exemption status (if you do not pay for treatment).
- A maximum of 5 people are allowed in our waiting room with social distancing so please attend your appointment alone unless you need a chaperone. If this is the case they will need to undergo a Covid-19 questionnaire on arrival.
- If the waiting room is full, please wait outside or in your car and contact the practice and we will call you in for your appointment when it is safe to do so.
- Please pay by card wherever possible (contactless payments are available under £45).
- There will be no paperwork given from the practice, however we can e-mail estimates and treatment plans on request.
- On exiting the practice there is a side entrance which can be used, this takes you to St. George’s Close or back onto the main road.
- Again – Please do not come to your appointment if you are self-isolating or are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. Please call us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment.